Monday, December 31, 2012
For more tips on what to do before you build, read "Before You Build A Home".
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
One error that home buyers often make is expecting closing to occur within 30 days. Although this can happen, it doesn't happen every time. Many things must happen before your Tulsa area closing company and Tulsa mortgage company can proceed with closing. For more common errors that home buyers make, visit the post, "Common Mistakes by Home Buyers".
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Monday, March 26, 2012
There are various types of surveys that can be performed.
- A boundary survey is simply for the purpose of locating the boundaries and corners of a piece of land.
- A topographical survey is used to locate elevations, land contours, streams, fences, etc.
- A subdivision survey divides the land into smaller pieces with their boundaries.
- A mortgage location survey must meed the requirements for title insurance.
For more information about surveys required before your Tulsa real estate closing, contact Karen Burnette of FirsTitle at 918-493-2241 or www.firstitle.com.
For Tulsa mortgage needs, contact Steve Currington of Currington Mortgage, 918-394-5626 or www.curringtonmortgage.com.
For all your Tulsa OK real estate needs, contact Darryl Baskin, McGraw Realtors, 918-258-2600 or www.darrylbaskin.com.
Want to buy or sell your Tulsa home, visit www.homeguidetulsa.com for helpful tips on selling your home, buying your home, and Tulsa homes for sale.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
1. Moving companies are not legally required to provide an estimate for services. You should however ask for one.
2. Moving companies are required to prepare a bill of lading for any shipment being transported. That is the contract you have with the mover. You must be provided with a copy before your furniture is loaded and should read it carefully before accepting it.
3. Make sure that either you, or the moving company, inventories everything in the shipment. Sign each page of the inventory copy after checking it carefully.
4. Moving companies do have to assume some degree of liability for the goods they transport. Mare sure you are aware of the different levels of liability and the cost to you for each one.
For more information or an estimate for Tulsa area moving services, contact Mike Ellingson at Relocation LLC at 918- 4159-6683 or www.relcationllc.net.
For Tulsa area junk removal, contact David Tittle at I-Haul USA at 918-852-2146 or www.ihaulusa.com.
For Tulsa real estate needs, contact Darryl Baskin, McGraw Realtors, 918-258-2600 or www.darrylbaskin.com.
Monday, February 27, 2012
- Have a Tulsa air conditioning company service your A/C and Tulsa roofing company inspect your roof.
- Inspect your windows, doors, and siding.
- Have regular pest control treatments on your Tulsa home to help prevent problems later.
- Review your Tulsa area insurance coverage with your agent.
- Install good quality air filters to reduce allergens.
- Plan your landscaping projects now.
- Practice your fire escape plan and tornado drills now.
Tulsa, OK Pest Control- Mother Natures Pest and Lawn, 918-362-2000 or www.pestsecret.com.
Tulsa Roofing Installation- Judy Smith, A-Best Roofing, 918-587-1426 or www.abestroofing.com.
A/C Service in the Tulsa, OK area- Stephen Taylor, Air Assurance, 258-COOL or www.airassurance.com.
Tulsa Homeowners Insurance- Mike Tedford, Tedford Insurance, 918-299-2345 or www.tedfordinsurance.com.
Tulsa area Electrical Service- Larry Murray, Murray Electric, 918-254-5771 or www.murayelectric.com.
Tulsa Plumbing Service- Markwayne Mullin, Mullin Plumbing, 918-258-6636 or www.mullinplumbing.com.
Air Filter Replacement- Filters4Me, www.filters4me.com
Glass Mulch in the Tulsa area- Garden Glass of Oklahoma, 918-232-0210 or www.gardenglassofoklahoma.com
Tulsa area Disaster Restoration- Reset Restoration, 888-917-3738 or www.resetrestoration.com.
Tulsa area Building and Remodeling- Rick Oberlender, US Building Systems, 918-734-1293